This inspection is offered due to a high number of requests from our customers to ensure that their helmets are completely functional and flight ready. We recommend a certified inspection annually on all aviation helmets because personal protection equipment is a safety item. During the inspection process, it may be recommended that the helmet receives a refurbishment. Refurbs are a separate service that brings the helmet back to “like new” condition.
Unlike helmets designed for other purposes, helicopter and flight helmets should absorb a large amount of the impact during an event. The energy absorbing liner should be replaced as needed because once the liner has compressed that location of the liner cannot absorb any more energy. Normal wear and placing the helmet down on its crown have detrimental effects on the liner. We recommend replacing the liner every time we inspect a helmet.
We will complete the service as stated in the estimate after we receive the helmet and the PO is processed. We will return the helmet as soon as possible. If there are questions about setting up a maintenance schedule please contact us and we will happily assist.
During an inspection, the certified technician will:
- Visually Inspect the Underside of the Shell
- Visually Inspect for any Defective Parts
- Use Testing Equipment on all Communication Elements
- Ensure Proper Operation of all Moving Components
- Visually Inspect Visor Lens for Scratches and Optical Clarity
- Visually Inspect all Soft Goods for Non-Hygienic Circumstances
- Write and Send an Estimate of their Recommendations
Basic inspection is $35 and includes up to $35 of repair and labor costs. Any additional repairs will be priced accordingly. Please call for more info about our Inspection Certification program.